Sprk’d is looking for our next
Sprk’d is a digital marketing agency focused on Marketing Strategy, Content Creation and promotion, and Web Design that engages our clients’ customers and elicits action. We are seeking an enthusiastic and sharp intern looking for real-world experience working on fun and interesting online campaigns.
We also recently announced our mission to help 1,000 women generate $1 million in revenue, whether it’s their first million or their next.
You will be responsible for driving visibility and engagement of our brand (with the potential to later work with our client brands) via social media channels. At the tactical level, this means managing several streams of content on a variety of different platforms to drive inbound traffic/sales, brand awareness, and email acquisition while measuring analytic data to optimize performance.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Create and execute social media marketing (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.) and campaigns to drive traffic, sales and engagement/participation from social communities
• Conceptualize, develop, and deploy programs that increase social media awareness and engagement
• Ensure content is meaningful, current, and customer-focused
• Strategize and implement initiatives to improve fan/follower engagement
• Track social media growth, performance and participation
• Establish, monitor and enforce standards with social media sites
• Solicit, track and report social media feedback
• PR/DWOM techniques and strategies, including listening, research, influencer outreach, seeding, social network engagement, conversational campaigns and content seeding
• Assist in the coordination of online marketing and advertising campaigns as well as update the Sprk’d website
• Find content from third-party resources that is relative to our clients and their customers
• Research topics in order to create unique content for ourselves and our clients (this generally takes the form of blog posts, tweets, Facebook posts, etc.)
• Analytics reporting: Gather, organize and aggregate large sets of internal and external data in order to identify meaningful insights.
• Use those insights, those in that last bullet to create interesting narratives that support our (or clients) communications
• Collaborate with Sprk’d team members and reports to the Founder
• You must be curious and creative with high internal motivation. Ask questions (especially “why?”)
• Possess skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
• Familiarity with a graphics tool such as Canva (Photoshop or other Adobe tools are even better), or a willingness to learn so your social posts are more effective
• All deadlines must be met — no exceptions. 99% of the time you will have ample time to complete work but you will not be babysat here either—you will be expected to manage your own time just as if this were not an internship (because there’s a solid chance of a position if the internship goes well).
• If you’re not local to Chicago, you’ll need to be comfortable communicating via a combination of video conference, Slack, and email
Apply by emailing Christine your cover letter, resume, and relevant work samples with the subject line “Marketing & Social Media Internship Applicant.” Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles.