Should you use a Facebook Page or Profile for your Business?
We hear this question quite often from “solopreneurs” and small business owners. And even though it’s been over ten years since Facebook first came on the social media scene, confusion about whether you should use Facebook pages or a Facebook profile for business is still prevalent. To help business owners, we’ve created an infographic with some great tips and statistics to help you get started.
If you’re a business you need to be using a Facebook Page and NOT a profile. Facebook profiles are intended for personal use by individuals.
When people interact with a Page by liking, sharing, or commenting on posts, it shows up on their personal Timeline and in their friends’ newsfeeds.
Designed for Business
Facebook pages provide targeted and potentially viral exposure to people both inside and outside of Facebook, with insights on who is interacting with your page.
- Facebook pages allow businesses of any size to build a following without size limitations. Pages only require a simple “like” to start a relationship with a fan, prospect, or client.
- In order to manage a page, you must have a profile. Pages can create promotional landing pages or take advantage of 3rd party applications to run exclusive sweepstakes and special giveaways.
- Facebook makes a distinction between individuals and organizations; individuals can use personal proﬁles on Facebook, but organizations cannot.
- Personal profiles are for non-commercial use and represent individual people.
- Each individual person/email can only have one profile but may manage several pages.
- Only you and your friends can post to your Timeline. When you post something, you can control who sees it by using the audience selector.
- In order to make a connection with a proﬁle, a friend request must be sent and accepted, and they have a limit of 5000 friends.
Tweetable Facebook Stats:
“At 29.7% 25-34 is the most common age demographic on Facebook.”
“7.5 million posts were promoted between June 2012 to May 2013.”
“50% of 18-24 year-olds go on Facebook when they wake up.”
“42% of marketers say Facebook is critical to their efforts.”
Facebook for Business Infographic: